Protect Your Home Today!
The urge to protect our homes, the place where we lay our heads and raise our children, is universal. Risk Averse Insurance in Media, PA helps keep the castle safe and sound with comprehensive PA homeowners insurance coverage that guards against theft, fire and storm damage.
Homeowners Insurance in Pennsylvania
A Pennsylvania homeowners insurance policy also includes coverage to repair a storm-damaged shed, fence, or personal belongings that were damaged in a flood or fire. We’ll also make sure you’re covered for personal liability because you never know when a neighbor, friend, or contractor will get hurt on your property. Whether you’re located in Delaware County, Montgomery County, Chester County, Bucks County, or Philadelphia, we can provide insurance for your apartment, condo, mobile home, or even your business.
What Does Homeowners Insurance Cover?
In short, your PA homeowners insurance policy provides financial protection for damage to your home and belongings resulting from covered losses. The definition of “covered losses” can vary from company to company or policy to policy. There are a number of endorsements that can be added to your policy to be certain that you are adequately protected in the event of a loss.
Here at Risk Averse, we believe in providing quality coverage first and foremost. We will not skimp on homeowners coverage just to sell an account. The purpose of homeowners insurance is to protect your most important asset and provide financial security. We will not sacrifice your financial security to win your business. Rather, we want to win your business through excellent service, quality insurance products, and competitive prices.
How Much Does Homeowners Insurance Cost in PA?
Homeowner’s prices in PA will vary wildly from person to person. There are many driving factors in insurance rates which include among many others) the following:
- Replacement Cost of the home – How much would it cost to rebuild your home with similar building materials if it were to burn to the ground
- Personal Credit – This is a controversial one, but a reality in the industry. Credit can be the most heavily weighted factor in determining homeowners costs in PA.
- Town – Crime factors affect premiums as well as areas that are more prone to storms.
- Claim history – if you’ve had claims in the past 5 years, it will likely affect your premium. Some companies will use a 3-year loss history, others will use 5 years.
Does It Cover Flood Damage?
No. A homeowners insurance policy does not cover your home for flood damage. It specifically excludes damage from surface water. You would need to get a separate flood policy. Call Risk Averse Insurance in Delaware County for a Flood Insurance quote.
Will My PA Homeowners Insurance Cover a Broken Sewer Line?
Frequently, customers will find that they have a collapsed water or sewer line only after sewage begins to back up into the house through the toilets or sink. You can imagine the odor and damage caused by something like this. The ensuing damage and repairs may not be covered under your PA homeowners insurance policy and, as a result, cost you thousands of dollars out of pocket. Here is what you can expect:
- Unless your homeowner’s policy specifically states that you have coverage for Water and Sewer backup, you will be on the hook for the damage caused by the sewage that backs into the house.
- Homeowners insurance typically provides coverage for damage caused by a broken pipe, but not for the pipe itself. Furthermore, homeowners coverage does not apply to land, or any costs required to replace, rebuild, stabilize, or otherwise restore the land.
If a pipe bursts in your front yard, there’s a good chance that you will need to have your entire yard dug up to find and repair the damage. You can imagine how these costs will add up quickly if you don’t have the correct insurance coverage in place. Unfortunately, too many homeowners do not have adequate coverage and they are not aware of that fact until the loss occurs.
There are two coverage recommendations I would make for every PA homeowner in this regard. First, you should carry a minimum of $10,000 of Water & Sewer Backup on your homeowners policy. Second, you should purchase the Water & Sewer Line coverage offered through Aqua PA. To purchase both, it would likely cost you about $20 more than you are currently paying monthly, a small amount when compared to the thousands of dollars you will spend if you have a loss without the coverage.
Get a PA Homeowners Life Insurance Quote Online Here
Click below to get your free quote or call Risk Averse Insurance in Media PA at 610-335-1139.