Delaware County is stepping up to provide some additional support for businesses affected by the COVID-19 pandemic with their Delco Strong Small Business Support Grant. Affected businesses can apply for a grant of up to $7,500 to help with the following:
- Up to three months of rent or mortgage payments
- Up to three months of utilities: electric, water, sewer, internet, security systems.
- Inventory: items regularly needed to conduct business incurred or due between February 15 and May 5, 2020
The timeframe for applications is a small one. The window to submit an online application is May 6 from 12:01 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. The window to submit a paper application is on May 6 from noon to 4:30 p.m. and May 7 from 8:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m at the Delaware County Courthouse. Applications will not be accepted before or after the window application.
Businesses eligible for the Delco Strong Small Business Support grant program must meet the following criteria:
- Be a small business defined as having less than 50 full-time employees on payroll as of March 1, 2020
- Must be a for-profit business
- Business must occupy a “brick and mortar location within Delaware County that is not a residential home
- Business must be located in an industrial or commercial (or similarly described) district within Delaware County
- Businesses must be registered or incorporated to conduct business within the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Additional information can be found on Delaware County’s official website. We will continue to stay on top of this situation and keep our clients up to date with additional information as it becomes available.
At Risk Averse Insurance, we are here to answer your questions or help in any way possible. Please reach out to us with any questions or concerns you might have. We are happy to help!
I hope you and your families are staying healthy during this trying time.
Call Risk Averse Insurance in Media, PA for any questions you may have on your insurance coverage.
Risk Averse Insurance is an independent insurance agency in Delaware County that specializes in providing high-quality insurance products at an affordable price.