Protect Your Business Today!
As an employer, you are at risk of lawsuits brought on by mistreatment of employees in the workplace, such as discrimination or sexual harassment, as well as lawsuits brought on as a result of wrongful termination.
Employment Practices Liability Insurance in PA
Employers go to great lengths to ensure that they treat all employees fairly. Unfortunately, it can be hard to control how one employee interacts with another.
As the employer, you are accountable for how all employees are treated on your watch. Sexual harassment or discrimination between employees can quickly escalate into a situation in which you are spending thousands of dollars in attorney fees to defend your company, even if you are found to be innocent of wrongdoing. Should a settlement be reached, your company could easily be responsible for paying hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Here are the top 5 reasons to buy Employment Practices Liability Insurance:
- Over 40 percent of EPL claims are against firms with fewer than 100 employees.
- Three of five employers are sued by former employees every year.
- The financial ramifications of not having EPL insurance can be crippling, especially for small firms because they do not have the operating budgets to handle the defense costs, let alone settlements or judgments, of an uninsured claim.
- The median compensatory award to plaintiffs is $325,000.
- Employment Practices Liability (EPL) covers not only ACTUAL, but also ALLEGED acts of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination and other similar acts.
We are here to answer any questions you have about Employment Practices Liability Insurance in PA.